1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

9000G Primer Problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shootsatem, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shootsatem

shootsatem TS Member

Heres the story...Using a MEC 9000G, primers (usually at least 1 in 5), will roll on their side while indexing. Seems it doesn't matter which primer I use, however, it only happens with the new Win. AA shells..

Never happens with STS shells...

I usually hold the handle down for a second or two when it is at the bottom of the stroke, then pause again prior to pushing the handle all the way up to index so the primer has extra time to settle...Makes no difference...

I know the answer is to switch entirely to STS's, but got 5,000 AA's at $.01 each and intend to get at least 5 loads from each hull...

Any ideas?

2. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

One item to try is to lube the sizing collet with something like no seeze, or light greese. The force of the collect comming up may be truning the primer. On mine it usually flips it when this happens.

GS

3. Straight99

Straight99 Member

Same with mine. Lub the collet fingers with Anti Seeze and the problem will go away. Glenn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.