1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

9000G Primer feed Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SirMissalott, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I am installing a high capacity primer tray on an existing 9000G. I am having trouble because if I align the drop tube between the deprime punch and the tube that drops the powder the the primer tray slide misses the actuator arm and of course then no primer falls. If I rotate the whole assy. C.Clockwise I run the risk of the primer tube hitting and deforming a shell in the powder drop position?
    I am very confident that I am doing something stupid but it has so far alluded me
    any help would be appreciated I haven't called MEC as of yet but that will be my next step.

Regards Jim W.

2. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Didn't the unit come with directions?

3. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I had the same problem with mine when I first Installed it. I don't think that you are doing anything wrong. It just has to be set in a very specific spot. If it's too far one way, no primer will drop, and if its too far the other, it will deform the shell. You just have to find that spot in the middle and be sure to keep it there.

4. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

My 8983 primer feed that I have for my MEC 9000G came with instructions including some pictures.

As I remember I did have to make some minor adjustments to get the primers to drop where they needed to be as well as the timing of their drop. All adjustments per the instructions.

If you didn't get any instructions, contact MEC and I would suppose they would send them to you.

Good Luck (By the way I have loaded over 44,000 with my 9000G).

Allen

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

It may be here.

Neil

6. bt100ed

bt100ed TS Supporters TS Supporters

On my older 9000H I had to shim the actuator to get it to drop a primer. The shims moved the actuator out so it would contact the slide.
    Ed

7. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Everything you guys have said makes sense I just thought it would have been a more positive engagement between the actuator lever and the tray slide I believe I will try shimming it out as per bt100ed. Mine is an older 9000g I don't know if that matters. Thanks to all, Jim W

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.