1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

9000 hydraulic question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trb0, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trb0

trb0 TS Member

I have been using a 9000G reloader for several years and am interested in your opinion of changing to a 9000 hydraulic. Is it worth it in ease or does it create more headaches? What happens when it jams or doesnt cycle correctly? Any input is appreciated. Thanks Tim Baldwin

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

If you are buying a NEW 9000H you will like it. Been loading on this one for
    several years now, I had an earlier Hydraulic model that I wore out it was a 650. Have not regretted the switch.

But in between I owned a PW 900 Elite I could not wait to get rid of, I bought it new, it had the shorter dies than the PW 800B. I had to buy the tool from PW to get shells out of the dies when they mushroomed over.

I prefer the hydraulic over the AUTOMATE which is slower and you have to use both hands to hold down the buttons to actuate it.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

3. Bird Grinder

Bird Grinder Member

The only difference between the 9000G and the 9000H is you don,t pull a handle on the H. If you switch to the hydraulic the only thing you will be asking yourself is what took you so long to switch. The only problem I have with the hydraulic is if the hull is not all the way to the bottom of the de-prime sizing collet the hydraulic will resize it, when it does the bottom of the hull has a big buldge that will make it to the wad and shot station but with the extra weight of the shot it will fall over when the shot tube comes out of the hull and makes a nice mess. I just keep presure on the hull as the press comes down to make sure the hull is all the way down.

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

It's a blessing if you have neck or shoulder issues.

5. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

The hydraulic control (foot petal) is fully proportional. If you go half way down on the petal, the machine only goes half way down. That allows you to stop when you run into a problem without completing a full cycle. On my four machines I find that each has their own personality. One I need to put pressure on the hull to ensure it goes all the way down in the sizer. On another I need to be extra careful how I put the wad in. The good news is both hands are free so I can accommodate each machines idiosyncrasies.

6. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

I have severe arm/shoulder problems. With a stainless steel humerus,bolts & screws going into the shoulder. I would be out of business if I didn't have the Mec 9000H. The ONLY problem I have had after reloading many,many shells is if you don't seat the MT in all the way, you will get a rounded base. This will create a major problem as the stupid machine expects the base to be flat on the bottom. All kidding aside, I would not trade my machine for ANY OTHER machine on the market.
    Joe Jordan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.