1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

9000 G advancing too soon... Why?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GoldEx, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

I have a Mec 9000 G 12 gauge loader with a lot of miles on it but always well maintained. Just recently, the press will index (or try to) before the handle has reached the top of the upstroke. It does not do this often but enough to be a nuisance. It there an adjustment to correct this or a potential worn part that could be the culprit? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

2. crk

crk Member

call MEC directly and they will talk you through the adjustment process - (800) 797-4632

3. dverna

dverna Active Member

Jeff,

It is called pre-mature ejectulation. The round is ejected before completion of the up-stroke. This only affects MEC's - you get what you pay for.

There are some home remedies but the advice above is correct. You need the services of a professional. I do not have the number for Dr. Ruth - so try MEC.

Maybe you have too much graphite in your home made shot and excess lubrication is a factor. LOL. Are you still at it!?

Good luck

Don Verna

4. larrycrismond

larrycrismond Member

It is also important that the plate on the right side of the 9000G be pulled all the way forward before tightening the 2 nuts at the bottom. This is best done with 2 people since the nuts have to be held on both the outside and inside while tightening them. My 9000G has been a real workhorse for over 15 years.

5. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Top of page 31 in your owners manual: If the carrier rotates too early, turn the lock nut down on the wad guide rod, Figure 66.

Go to the url above if you don't have the manual.

6. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Larry..... You da man!! I loosened the nuts on the side of the press and pulled forward and re-tightened. The linkage timing is now back to where it should be.

Jeff

7. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Larry you beat me to it. I have a 9000H and one day during last years reloading season I experienced this one session only to quit loading for that day and returning later and it worked perfect. A couple of weeks ago I was feverently loading away and trying to finish up for the year as I was getting ready to under go total knee replacement. I shut the machine off to take a break, turned it back on and yep started acting up. I had inquired around the year before but dropped the research when it started working again. This time I called the Mec hot line and talked to a tech who said to do the same thing. Loosen both nuts,grab the plate, pull forward as hard as you can and tighten as tight as you. What a genious, works perfect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mec 9000 advancing early

mec 9000 indexing too soon