1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

900 elite purchase report from ed & pat

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by deadnout, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadnout

deadnout Member

well as i stated in april i bought a 900 elite from hilltopper. i got the press home and looked it over. for a 15 yr old press it was like new. as i started setting it up i went on line to the p/w website. bad mistake. i called p/w and ordered a die removal set up- front shoot shell tube- a thumper- a counter- a new powder and shot reservoit and base-and bunch of other stuff. i am now on 1st name basis with tawnia and bruce at p/w lol . then i got on ts.com and found a shell feeder that goose2 had for sale and bought it. well i findly got all the pieces together. everything works and is adjusted. after loading on mecs for 36 yrs i found out this press is a whole new ballgame. now ive got to relearn on this press. you know ive got to get my rythym back. sooo as i progress i will post. thanks to ed-pat-tawnia and bruce. as jackie gleason would say-and away we go lol.
    rich
  2. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Active Member

I sold my 900 Elite and bought a Mec 9000G. What I like about
    the Mec is that parts are inexpensive and readily available.
  3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Active Member

I like it when people sell their 900 PWs and buy Mecs; it puts more good presses on the market.

Keller
  4. jim brown

jim brown Member

MEC parts, inexpensive?????

jim brown
  5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

I had a PW 900 Elite I bought new, could not wait to get rid oof it, it was Serial#1970 if memory serves me right,I hated those short dies.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot
  6. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

PW950 is the one with the short dies. I love my 900. Mark
  7. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

to the Doctor......If you had a 900E with short dies; someone SWITCHED em!!..The 900E always had the hi dies around 2&1/4 inches (ruff guess)as for trading a 900 for a MEC because parts are available; thats good...you will NEED all you can get.............."run'em"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.