1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

90 t'S

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by zap, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zap

zap TS Member

I know in advance im going to get some sharp comments however i simply ask that you read this as an opinion .

I have felt for several years that the price of a Remingtion 90T , HPAR or whatever has been seriously overvalued.

Granted things are worth whatever someone is willing to pay , but i think they have been promoted beyond there real value.

I shoot a Kolar combo and have owned and obviously shot, two 90 T'S. tHE 90T IS SIMPLY NOT A kolar.

tHERE ARE SIGNIFICANT CHANGES THAT HAVE TAKEN PLACE OVER THE YEARS BOTH IN TECHNOLOGY AND CONSTRUCTION (sorry for the caps) that distance te 90t from a KOLAR.

Just because KOLAR built the gun for Rermington does not make it a KOLAR.

Remember, ford built the pinto and gm built the vega, that does not put then into the same catagorey as a vette or mustang!!!

Again please dont blast me with a bunch of stuff im just expressing an informed opinion. having owned both.

just ryimg to make some sense of the pricing of them for potential buyers.

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Nitro',

Having owned a 90T HPAR and have shot several Kolars, I do agree that The 90T is no T/A, T/C, or T/S. I do believe, however, that the build quality is just as good. Yes there were a few flaws, but they are easily fixed. This was Kolars first attempt and I think they did a damn fine job! The 90T may be a bit of a tank, but it is still a well balanced shooter and will outlive several shooters lives.

Would I own another HPAR? You bet!

Do I plan on owning a Kolar in the future? Most assuradly.

All Good!

ec90t

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I should have also noted that what other gun, of the same or better build quality, can you purchase for $2700? The only thing that comes close is a used KS-5 special, and I won't make that mistake again!

All Good!

ec90t

4. The Kissable Wanker

The Kissable Wanker TS Member

Nitro, I think you need to do some research on the history of the 90T and it's design before you do a Forest Gump.

5. Shilo

Shilo TS Member

so you owned a 90-t and you like it and you buy a kolar it is not the same gun again you are right you say a 90-t cost to much well if you had 90-t did you sell your,s for how much and did you think you got to much for it yes a new kolar is nice and that to is it worth what they pay for them again it is what people pay for all things that make the world go around both good and very nice gun,s

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I guess I'll need to jump in here. I was part of the 4-5 guys that help design and build the first three 90-T proto-types. That took place AT Kolar Arms.

Then again, after talking with Remington(no contract yet) we built another dozen guns with a few suggested changes from Remington...ie, safety button.

It was after those dozen, in which Remington took to the Grand for testing...letting everyone shoot and comment, that a contract was signed and Remington put their name on it.

It's very much a Kolar Gun. Even to the point that some employees of Remington at the time would stick slips of paper into a shipment of bbls to us that would say.."Only real guns are made in Ilion, NY".

Doug

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

The 90 T is the best value on the market- now whether a high rib one is worth more than a low rib? not sure

It is every bit a custom trap gun but made with the best materials remington could afford ( for a change)

regards from Iowa

Gene

8. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Shilo,

No beginning, no end and no punctuation (except a couple of commas where they don't belong) to your comment. That's ok but what the hell did you say? Do you like the 90T or not?

BB

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

What can your Kolar do that my 90T cannot, for less than triple the cost of a new K gun ?

I shot mine quite well this year comming out ahead of many K and P guns at some big shoots.

10. Shilo

Shilo TS Member

Right On BooGer Boo Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.