1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

90% tax rate at the Grand??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bisi, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Springfield Il. Now that the US Congress has set a precedent by targeting certain individuals or groups for special tax rates the state of Illinois may follow suit.

In the aftermath of the AIG bonus debacle the US Congress has decided to tax those individuals receiving bonuses at the rate of 90% for any company receiving bailout money.

Like countless other states Illinois is facing a severe budget shortfall, might they be considering the same thing? An official who requested anonymity stated in one word - “Yes.” The official went on to say “we have an organization in this state that was bailed out by the taxpayers of this state, it’s time they gave back.”

The official was referring to the World Shooting Complex located in Sparta in the southern part of the state. The ATA holds their Grand American Trapshoot in Sparta every August. The Grand American moved to Sparta several years ago when it was forced out of Ohio.

The official said “the Grand would be history now if we didn’t bail them out, they had no other place to go.” “We bailed em out and built this place so they would have a place to shoot.” “These gun toting shooters are mostly fat cats, take a tour of this place when the shoot is going on, 250K and up motor homes are a dime a dozen.” “There are people here at this shoot making money, on our dime”. “We need to recoup our investment so we can invest in education, health care, energy assistance programs, for our citizens.”

The official said he would like to see a 90% tax rate on all winnings and income made from facility at Sparta. Asked how this money would be collected the official said “right at the cashier window.” There are shooters from all over the US and several foreign countries who attend the Grand. “We can’t trust these shooters to fill out Illinois tax returns and pay the money then, we don’t have the resources and manpower to track these people down”. “In the past couple of years only a couple if any out of state shooters have file Illinois tax papers.”

Asked if they would be an exemption for smaller amounts of winning the official said “No, absolutely not.” “If a shooter wins a $10 Lewis jackpot, $9 will be taken at the cashier window, when he/she comes to the window to collect.”

Officials are also considering a carbon tax on the dust created by busting clay targets, and emissions from motor home generators.

Thanks congress!

2. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

The sky is falling!!!!!!!!! This is rumor BS!

3. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Fantastic lure, presentation flawless narry a ripple on the water. For sure a lunker will pounce on it. Hold on tight.

4. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Survey sayyyyysssss "Where's the source!"
    -Trappy

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

*sigh* Sure will be glad when trapshooting season can start....

6. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

last time I checked, there are NO, Zero generators at the grand since all RV sites have full electric hookups. KEEP TROLLING PECKERWOOD youll get more bites if you do a little homework.

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

The only flaw I can see is the line color. The water may still be murkey enough to hook one.

ec90t

8. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Irresponsible fiction.

or is it?

9. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

NUTS......Roger

10. front242

front242 Member

As if a non-shooting govt. moron would know anything about a lewis class payout... I think not. Nice effort though Bisi.

F242

11. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Wiggle it just a bit....

12. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Somthings smells......

Ronbo

13. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

WOW !! That is awful !! I can't believe it !! I am astonished!! If they do that I am not going to attend that shoot !!

14. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Just remember:

What Happens in Illinois stays in Illinois....

I'll be glad when the 10 year lease is over and the Grand can move back to Ohio.

Then again, Detroit would be a good place to have a shoot....

Curt

15. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Curt, Detroit does, 24/7? Hap

16. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

Little further west and it could have been in East St. Louis.LOL

17. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

This post is nothing but an urban myth. However, I vote for Cardinal Center after the five year optout clause comes up.

Or Shelbyville, Indiana would do nicely.

ANYWHERE BUT LAND OF LINCOLN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most gun unfriendly place the ATA could have picked. Have you noticed that all they sell out there is Pepsi? Take a look and see where Pepsi makes some of their charitable contributions.......gun control, as does AAA auto club and many other we don't know about. Makes it a little easier to understand why Illinois granted Pepsi the contract for Sparta. Clearly these folks are on the wrong side of the fence for the ATA to be doing business with. But what else is new?

18. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

The Grand is going back to Ohio!

That is the new rumor!

Ronbo

19. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Hey...I'll help with that rumor.....

Better yet...let's move the Grand to New Zealand....or Hawaii....or someplace nice...

Curt

20. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I will guarantee that if they build the Hall of Fame there, the Grand will stay in IL till the cows come home!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.