1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

90 T woes

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Racerx, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Racerx

Racerx Member

Who's the best gunsmith on 90T's ? Kolar or who ?? My gun isn't firing all the time or cocking all the time. It also has a air gap between forearm and receiver.

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

You might as well deal with Kolar (link above). Bill Malcolm

3. Dave90T

Dave90T TS Member

Probably all because of one simple problem. The lug in the fore-end broke loose because of the rather wimpy screw holding the lug on. Kolar will "update" (repair) this, with a rather simple piece attached to the fore-end iron - no more screw. No more problems either.

4. Racerx

Racerx Member

Will Kolar give one a break on repair or what ? Since this is a common problem with these guns ???

5. Racerx

Racerx Member

Will Kolar give one a break on repair or what ? Since this is a common problem with these guns ???

6. Racerx

Racerx Member

7. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Racerx, two mods. to the 90T were announced some years ago to the original purchasers of the guns. They were free at that time, but not anymore. Dave90-T has suggested one of the possibilities for your problem. The piece he refers to is called a shoe. It's still on mine, because it's never been a problem. A more serious cause may be a broken "e" clip (a retainer on the ends of the hammer, trigger and sear pins). They break and pieces get underneath the hammer causing it to be unable to fully retard when the gun is opened. The end result is the cocking rod pushes the forestock forward such as you have described and most likely breaking the screw that holds said shoe in place on the forestock. If you're mechanically handy email me and I'll tell you how to fix it yourself, if not, I can recommend either Doug Braker (web site on Dave90t's post) or Kolar. Both do top grade work at reasonable prices. You will most likely get a little more personal service from Doug. Drop the x's: xxxjustamobuzz@yahoo.comxxx

Buz

P.S. In any case, remove the "e" clips and put them in the circular file....they're un-necessary. Mine have been removed for 10 years of flawless 90-T service.

8. dhrejsa

dhrejsa TS Member

I have a 90T high rib that I sent back to Kolar for the updates and nickel plating. They did great work, and on time as promised.

9. Duck

Duck Member

I don't own a 90T anymore, Doug Braker post's here and is alway's quick to offer help!. If it were me I'd use Doug!.

10. Racerx

Racerx Member

Thanks for the help. I'll give him a call and see what's up.

11. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

Doug Braker (Dr Gun) did a excellent upgrade on my 90T He said 10 days and ten days was it.can get address if you need email at xxjonfowler@cox.netxx drop x's
    Jon

12. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

i just had same problem a few mo ago get the forend update i went to kolar they fixed while i waited got the update all new trigger springs an extra firing pin for around 250$$$$$$

13. Racerx

Racerx Member

I think I'm going with Doug because his turn around is one week. That's fast in my book. Thanks for all the help !!!

14. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Doug Braker is the go to guy for the 90T. Ed

15. tgun90

tgun90 TS Member

Use the gun doc, Braker best around for 90t;s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.