1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

90 T Rib Vibration?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ras, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ras

ras TS Member

I shot a high rib 90T today and the rib vibrated like a tuning fork. Is that normal for the 90T? Also how much adjustment can you get on the rib?

Thanks RAS

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

RAS,

The rib is kind of a floating design and will do this until the barrel heats up a bit from shooting. They become noisy again when the cool off. This doesn't affect accuracy one bit.

As far as the POI, generally between 60/40 to about 80/20. This will vary a bit due to differences in gunmount.

ec90t

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

when you feel the rib vibrate that can be a sign of lubricant on the locking lug

you dont want that

you can actually percieve the gun torgue iternally and ultimately it will pop open when you fire

locking lug should be dry

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. ras

ras TS Member

Thanks for the replys

RAS

5. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

It's the "90T Ping"...

I've heard it a lot. I've heard them ping through an entire Singles event, then for the Handicap event the shooter went to a different load and it didn't ping at all.

I find it kind of pleasant actually, just another appealing element of the 90T. cls

6. ras

ras TS Member

Thanks Charles thats good to know.

RAS

7. Charles L. Schmidt

Although with that kind of harmonic vibration, something has to be coming loose. So it should probably be avoided if possible. cls

8. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

The ping is the hammer hitting the inside of the receiver. Some 90-T's are louder than others. No damage will occur.

With regards to the adjustable rib....I think your rib is a little loose. This will give you a rattling noise. This can be corrected by removing the rib from the bbl and giving the rear portion of the rib, the spot that has a slot, a light squeeze. This will tighten it up on the tab that extends from the mono-block rib ramp.

Doug

9. Charles L. Schmidt

Wow, I guess some are louder than others. I've heard them from the bench while they were being shot from the 16. Then with others you don't hear it at all. I was told it was the rib and just assumed I was being told the truth.

I know there's no one here with more knowledge of the 90T than you Doug. Now that I know it's the hammer I have a question. Is the sound the result of the hammer being actuated, or from it vibrating when the gun is fired? Or better, will it be just as loud when dry fired? Thanks. cls

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.