1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

90-T RELEASE TRIGGER HANG UP

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dduf-t, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dduf-t

dduf-t TS Member

Had trouble with my 90-T release recently. YES, it hung up. The club was kind enough to allow me to shoot a loner, but my malfunction cost me targets. Is this an issue that any one else has encountered.

Receiver and barrel work with pull trigger fine. I have extras to try but no other release trigger....

2. reddbudd

reddbudd Well-Known Member

A while back I had a 90T and had the trigger converted to release. It worked fine waih never a problem. Lent it to a friend who was thinking about switching
    to release. It wouldn"t work worth a hoot in his gun.
    Bud Edwards

3. dzneff

dzneff Member

Suggest you contact Phillips Gunsmithing to see if he has a fix. He installed my 90-T release trigger that works fine. Dennis

4. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

never had a problem with my 90T Release.
    Kolar works on them and I suspect Doug Breaker will too.
    Does the release reliably hang so that a gunsmith can diagnose it OR... just once in a great while?

Art

5. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

Send it to Doug Braker! He took an obortion of a release that was converted by a very popular guy here on TS and made it work very well for a great price!

http://dougsgunsmithshop.com/

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Not many parts in the 90T trigger so it should be simple. I would start with taking it out and cleaning it and if that dont work Doug is your guy

7. dduf-t

dduf-t TS Member

Never had a problem with this trigger. Hung once several weeks ago, pull it out dusted it off. Lite oil. Now I can make it hang. Hard pull or lite it hangs..

8. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

I never had a 90T apart, but sometimes a Perazzi would hang up or have slight delay when the hook(s) touched the wood. Check to see if the release hook is rubbing on the wood of the stock. This has happened before in several guns. Hope this helps. Larry

9. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

No wood to rub on with a 90t

10. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

If you check with most of the 'smiths that install release triggers, you'll see that they will offer a life-time of tune-ups for the releases they install to the original owner.

Release triggers all will eventually need a little adjustment now and then...parts wear.

The 90-T release assy is quite simple to adjust...if you know where to make the adjustments, and if it's a Kolar/factory installation. Only two places install or ever installed the "factory" release...Kolar or myself.

Doug Braker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.