1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

90-T Questions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Browning Man, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

I don't know much about these guns, just that the were made by Kolar. Tell me about them, the average POI, price, etc.

2. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Built like a tank, so relatively heavy and durable. The low rib model is choked around .032 fixed or with various tubes. Prices for the low rib run $1500 to $2500 depending upon condition and configuration. The HPAR (adjustable rib) is choked tighter and runs about $500 more.

Buz

3. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

I have a low rib. great shooting gun very low recoil. mine has had the updates. it also has brilet thin wall tubes has a .743 bore. these guns have a removeable trigger. mine shoots 70/30 with the conb all the way down. I have 3/16 spacers in the comb and it shoots 90/10. have had ljutics,perazzi,browning and winchester guns in the past and hands down this is the best one I have had.

4. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Mine is a low rib, later model, came from the factory with a 740 bore and a .026 choke. Great gun, well made, good shooter. Nice backup to my other Kolar.

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

I have one for sale if you are interested? Will be at the Great Lakes Grand with it Friday thru Monday. We are in camping spot 30, drop over and have a cold one when you are done shooting. Bill
    email billgrill@charter.net or call me at 906-869-9959

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

A little more info that I can add on the 90T's.

Low rib models can have a bore size up to .755 from the factory. It is best to have a bore guage handy when looking at a low rib model to measure bore size and choke restriction.

All factory HPAR's have a nominal bore size of .736. This will vary a bit, but are generally smaller bore sized than the Low Rib models.

As was stated earlier, No 90T's ever left with choke tubes installed. I have seen quite a few that have been sent out for tubes though.

They made a few Left Hand models were the latch opens the other way. There were also some different stocks avalable for these and are numbered.

90T's have a tendency to be on the heavy side, but are very well balanced and great shooters.

ec90t

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Kolar did make choke tubes for the 90T. It was an option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.