1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

90 T Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by HEREFORD, Aug 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HEREFORD

HEREFORD TS Member

What is the update on this gun? What was done and why? Thanks

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Here is a pic...

http://dougsgunsmithshop.com/index.cfm/pageid/5

This updated part replaces the original that WILL break sometime in the future. The original part is/was the only weak link in the 90-T.

One other update, has to do with the locking bolt. On guns earlier than approx ser# 2600, the locking bolt angle was 10 degrees. This 10 degree angle did not have sufficient "lock" into the bolt lug area on the bbl. Many shooters found that when shooting in the rain, the bolt wanted to slip from the lugs. This in turn allowed the top lever to jump. (As a side note--The earlier Perazzi's did this to because of the angle). The new angle is approx 8 degrees. It doesn't sound like much, but that little bit of difference, pretty much cures the problem 99.99%. At the time I rework the locking bolt, I also recut the lugs on the bbl to 8 degrees.

I'm beginning to see a few guns coming in where someone other than myself or Kolar Arms have replaced or rebuilt the locking bolts to 8 degrees. That was fine, but they forgot the bbl lugs. This resulted in the bbl lugs getting all chewed up and destroyed by the bolt's new angle. When this happens, the lugs now have to be welded and recut, along with the bolt AGAIN having to be rebuilt. This takes the original cost of just a bolt rebuild, $125, to $250, because of the bbl lugs. Just be sure your gunsmith is aware of this!!!

If your Perazzi has a problem doing this..top lever jumping, STOP shooting it!! If you continue, you WILL break off the bootm of the top lever. It'll then cost you about $400.

Eventually most all break-open guns will need to have the locking bolts rebuilt or replaced. The bolts and the bbl lugs do wear, and a top lever jumping (If a new top lever spring doen't cure it)will need repair.

Doug Braker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.