1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

90-T Question Help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by NintyT, Oct 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NintyT

NintyT Member

The top lever on my 90-T often snaps back to the "closed" position while I'm reloading. There is a small pin that protrudes from the top of the breech face, which would normally release the top lever when the gun is shut. I have the diagram (from the owner's manual).

Can someone describe to me how to remove the top lever and trip pin?

Steve J

2. pjh

pjh Member

Steve.. the main thing is that the pin that looks like a screw that hold the firing pin in place is NOT A SCREW!!! You have to push the pin in and 1/4 turn it while GENTLY rocking the top lever back and forth. This will release the top lever. You will also have to remove the firing pin. this next part is VERY IMPORTANT As you remove the top lever put a rag up against the top of the lever or the pin (at the top of the breach face)and spring will go flying across the room and well its not easy to find!I believe there is also another pin you have to remove. going by memory.. The pin that you spoke of is one of three parts in your top lever. There is a spring and a small plunger also. you most likely need a new spring.

3. NintyT

NintyT Member

I'll try that. I got as far as taking out the firing pin, and tried turning the "screw" you described, but I didn't realize that it was just a pin. Is that a 1/4 turn clockwise or counter clockwise?

Thanks for the tip on the flying spring! I'll prepare for that.

Steve J

4. pjh

pjh Member

cant remember the direction of the pin. There is a flat spot on it and when the angle is correct the top lever will slide by it .. you will have to press in on the pin and turn it. best thing might be to put receiver in a soft vice and gently work the motion.. sorry Its been a little while

5. NintyT

NintyT Member

Thanks so much. I was able to get it apart, replace that tiny little spring (the original had become too short and lost it's tension). Pushing the whole assembly back together while holding the small piston in place over the spring was a trick, but all is well again. (I could've used one more hand!)

Thanks again for the help.

Steve Johnson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.