1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

90-T HPAR POI ratios!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rawhohusaglocol, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rawhohusaglocol

rawhohusaglocol Member

Regarding the 90-T HPAR, can I get some input as to what the ratios could be from the lowest POI to the highest POI? Thanks!

2. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i felt mine was low70-hi90

3. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

RAWHOHUSAGLOCOL: (Man that is a long handle!)

You need to kind of figure this out yourself at the patterning board. That is what I did.

I started with the rib at the highest setting. Then forgot about it and focused on and moved the stock comb initially in the down position, moving it up and up and up, 1/16" at a time using spacers until I got about a 70/30 pattern at 35 yards.

Then I adjusted the front rib down to give me a stacked "8" on the front and middle bead.

Went back to the patterning board, had to take out a spacer or two to get the pattern right and the bead alignment right... have not touched it since.

Also, what I did find is that the hot core of my 90T HPAR pattern is about 14" x 14" at 35 yards.
    That is a really tight pattern just to relate, my KX6 full pattern is 18" x 18" at that distance, and the Model 12 Trap full is about 19" x 19". The good thing is when you are on the bird is dust.... the bad part is when you are off... you look dumb and/or can get frustrated. If you are a fast shooter, (I am not as I am just starting out and am older), that small pattern can work against you as it is even smaller (when the bird is closer) than the dimensions I just gave above. Also take into consideration that each gun may be a bit different, so my data here may not relate to your gun and your style.

Hope this helps?

Art

4. rawhohusaglocol

rawhohusaglocol Member

@ acss - Thanks! @ BROWNST100 - Thanks! @ Star4Ever - Thanks! I'm starting off at the highest setting as well and I'll go from there. Also, adjusted the comb so the beads are "stacked".

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I sent you all my 90T files plus the owner manual

6. rawhohusaglocol

rawhohusaglocol Member

@ cubancigar2000 - I remember! Thanks! Ill certainly refer to that info!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.