1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

90-T 750 Bore

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by MilledRib, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MilledRib

MilledRib TS Member

I just picked up (Thanks Brian) a 90-T with a 750 and Briley choke tubes. I read somewhere that a few of the 90-T's came from Kolar with the 750 but I'm interested if they originally came with choke tubes or did Kolar adjust the fixed choke to match the bore.

Matt

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Matt,

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't believe that any left the factory as choke tube models.

I used to have a HPAR that was sent back to Kolar for choke tubes and man was that a shooter!

All the .750 or bigger (up to .755)bore 90T's that I've come across over the years have all been low rib models for some reason. My HPAR was .736.

ec90t

3. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

My recently traded-in 90T came with fixed chokes in both barrels. Both were bored @ .752". One had the original choke @ .724", and the second had Colonial chokes installed.

Best,
    Dennis

4. Ohio Bob

Ohio Bob Member

When the 90-T first came out you could get anything you wanted. They had an order form like a car. Gloss Blue or flat, fancy wood, extra fancy wood, gloss finish or satin, regular barrel or a heavy barrel and choke tubes were an option too.

I have an extra barrel w/ Kolar tubes, but I don't know if it was an original or a factory return. I was told it was factory.

OB

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Kolar tubes had numbers on them. I was told that they were factory choke tubes..

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

ALL 90-Ts had fixed chokes from the factory (Kolar), so any choke tube would have been an after-market.

The very first 90-Ts had larger bores, .750-.755. About ser#2000 they pretty much settled in at .742-.745. All of the choking was to each specific bore..around .032". It is possible for any of these "tighter bored" guns to be back-bored. It was done mostly to reduce weight. Some were then rechoked or had tubes installed.

Remington requested that the hi-rib guns have a tighter bore and choke. They were .737 and had .040" for a choke.

Doug Braker

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Thanks Doug.

I guess that my observations are on par with the info that you just stated. That's a relief! Lol.

ec90t

8. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

i just sold my 750 bore serial 9xx somethin with briley chokes last fall best gun ive owned man i miss it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.