1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$90,000 fine for raising rabbits

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bisi, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Listened to the fill in host for Rush today and he brought up this story about a guy in Missouri who was caught selling rabbits without a license from the USDA. The guy had sold about $200 worth of rabbits and now they want to hit him with a $90,000 fine.

You have to have a license to sell bunnies?

An absolutely out of control Federal government. The guy has had to go ahead and hire a lawyer!!! WTF?????????

Go ahead and vote for your a*ole big government loving a*x*z*xxx**ff

We can only hope it happens to you someday.

2. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

The USDA/FdA is out of control!

3. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

As with any law. Ignorance is no excuse. The law is the law, wether we like it or not. Do things the right way and you have no worries. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

4. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

If its the USDA after him, was it because he was selling slaughtered rabbits without have them inspected by USDA meat inspectors? Sounds like he just needs to sell them live and let the buyer slaughter them. Anybody want to bet whomever turned him in is a vegetarian.

John E.

5. ccridr

ccridr Member

This guy needs to sell paper clips, and give away a free rabit with every clip.

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Luvs2shoot, a statement from US Senator Claire McCaskill taken from the "Kansas City Star". She told the Springfield News-Leader the proposed fine “defies common sense.”

“They have much better things to do with their time than go after families that have sold some rabbits for pets,” McCaskill said.

So it doesn't sound like the man was selling slaughterd rabbits.

Hrosik123, if you woke up this morning you broke a law somewhere along the line. Hope they get you for it, and like you said "ignorance is no excuse".

CCridr, I'm sure he would be breaking a FEDERAL law by selling paper clips too.

7. quartering

quartering Active Member

that ain't no canadian accent!

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Bunny Nazis.

NO BUNNY FOR YOU!

9. quartering

quartering Active Member

but bunny soup is the best!

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Control the food, control the sheeple.

11. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

bisi, I get the point of the thread. Yes the fine is excessive. What price do you put on a life lost due to improperly handled or tainted meat? There are reasons you can't just start butchering and selling meat. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

12. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Chuck,,,,I grew up on "improperly handled" meat and I am still here,,,,nothing has been shown that the meat was improperly handled,,,,I have had rabbits butchered by the raisers and NEVER had a problem....

13. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Chuck you again have shown your love for all things government controlled. Quite obvious you don't believe you have enough common sense to run your own life. And for those like you the rest of us suffer daily. You probably don't know without a warning coffee from a drive up window is hot either. Your kind is close to ruining this once great nation. Thanks!!!

14. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

Good thing you told me about the coffee 303. I would have just took a big swig and BAM. Burnt throat. Lets just do away with the USDA and hell why not the FDA. Eat whatever a producer puts in front of you. Just because they want to cut cost and corners whos gonna know. Whats a couple thousand sick people and a few dead children and elderly people. Sure would cut down on social security and education cost. I would go out on a limb and say you're saving the country one dead human at a time by having an un-regulated system. Just don't cry when its someone close to you. Quit being a hump and realize that some things need regulation. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

15. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Hey Chuckie, HE WASN'T SELLING BUTCHERD RABBIT MEAT. He was selling the rabbits as pets.

Government just can't get too big for you can it??

16. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

Thats different. My fault for not looking in to it further. In the article it reads he didn't know he needed a permit to do it. I refer to my original post. Ignorance is no excuse. Good luck Chuck Hrosik You can't defend someone who was in violation of the law

17. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Why is it necessary to have a permit simply to sell rabbits?

18. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Would the same guy need a permit to sell cats, horses, or puppies? Fill me in on this "law".

19. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Chuck,

I've always wondered why you ended your posts with "Good luck". Perhaps with the way you see things, people need it?

Chichay

20. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

Here is a link to the 90000 fine for selling bunnies. You can also find it by googling SELLING BUNNIES 90000 FINE

tucsoncitizen.com/.../missouri-family-facing-90000-federal-fine-for-selling-bunnies/

It has a bunch of links with updates. The government is totally insane. OK fine the guy a few hundred for not having a license. But this is insane.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.