1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

9 Shot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kcbullets, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

I was in a small town in KS today and stopped by a small gun shop. They had five bags of 9 shot, chilled All Star. I paid $23 per 25#, bought all five bags. Anyone use 9 shot for practice? I couldn't pass up the price.

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

1st shot of doubles, maybe singles. Good price by today's standards, even for chilled. Good luck.

Bob Falfa

3. Whitlash2U

Whitlash2U Member

I find that from the 16yd in practice with #9's the bird never knows the difference. Father-in-law uses #9 for his first shot in doubles.

4. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

Years ago I used 9 shot for skeet and singles trap, seemed to work for both.

5. dhip

dhip Active Member

I used 9 from the sixteen.No problem,however I did cheat a little,I blended 7.5 with the nine because I had my doubts.Others told me I didn't have to do that,especially from the 16.

Doug H.(pa)

6. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I know at least a couple people who are in the California HOF who shot nothing but #9's for singles. Many, many 100's and 200's shot with them.

7. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

What is the reasoning or shall I say logic of # 9 over # 8 for singles? Any serious opinions? Scott

8. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

The number of pellets in the pattern.

Jim C

9. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I've shot 9 shot from the 16 yr line for practice for years never had an issue.

10. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

As said before it will work good, and I too couldn't have passed up the good deal by today's standards

11. PC Jim

PC Jim TS Member

I can use it, when can I pick it up. LOL
    Jim

12. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

Thanks guys. I've never used anything but 7.5 and 8's. But I will be using this as the price was too good to pass on.

13. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Go shoot a round of skeet with it. Careful, then you might have to shop for a skeet gun. Mark

14. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

Mark, I do shoot skeet too and that is what I plan to use it for mostly. I use my CG Summit Impact for all three (Trap, Skeet, and SC). But if I had the money I would like a K-80.

15. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I used 7/8 ounce of 9s for skeet which was a study on swinging. Broke many many straights with it so I tried it at singes trap and enjoyed a considerable reduction in recoil and an increase in averages. I'm inactive now but before the medical problems, I scored more straights with the "weenie" loads than was had before with hotter loads. I also carried 2 or 3 boxes of "weenies" on the Sporting Clays venues and found amazing kills as long as I did the shooten properly. I gave the credit for these remarks to the lighter recoil and the many many pellets in each round. Not an error, there are more pellets in 7/8 ounce of 9s than in 1 oz of 8s or 1 1/8 oz of 7.5s.......breakemall

16. redfin

redfin TS Member

great price,i would have jumped on that. i bought some 9's last year,i just mixed them with my 8's, no problem. joseph

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how is 9 shot for trap shooting

number 9 shot for trap

trap shooting using 9 shott

trap shooting with 9 shot

using 9 shot for trap