1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

9.3 x 62

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Terminator, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terminator

Terminator TS Member

Hi

Saw a very nice rifle that I am interested in buying. It is a Sauer 202 in 9.3X 62.
    I dont know anything about this caliber. Anyone here have any experience with this caliber? I will mainly be using it for moose and deer.

Thank you in advance.

2. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

If you do your job, it will work! More than powerful enough. Takes a .366 dia bullet, which are available from most manufacturers if you want to reload.

AndyH;-)

3. setter

setter Member

check this out.

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

It is a European design dating back to around 1905, and can be considered a more powerful version of the 35 Whelen. Brass can be formed from the 35 Whelen by either necking up to 375, and back down to 9.3mm to make a false shoulder, then annealing the neck, or by seating the bullet in the necked up hull to jam in the rifling.

Nosler makes both a Ballistic Tip and Partition bullet for this most useful game rifle. The 250 gr Ballistic Tip has a very high BC and can approach 2600 fps. The 286 gr Partition resembles a freight train at over 2400 fps and will take most game the world has to offer. It earned its reputation in Africa.

Varget, RL-15, and 4064 seem to get the most out of this gentle giant.

5. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

Love mine(notice my handle) Reloader 15 is the powder and for deer I like the 270 Speer( worked well on moose too) The bonded bullets aren't needed the 286 Partition ir the Hornsdy in 286 would be the ticket for anything in the USA

Mine is a Husky H-5000 with a 1x4 Loopy and it weighs just over 7LBS. She kicks on one end but is kills on the other

6. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

It's a bit over-the-top for Deer...but should be ideal for Moose or large bears. I've seen the 9.3 in use by Europeans when I was in Africa....VERY effective on various large antelope, Zebra, etc.

7. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I'm thinking to buy a Blaser R93 in this caliber and have seen one Sauer on gunbroker come up in the 9.3x62 configuration. I plan to get the semi-weight barrel on the blaser to add more weight to the gun. With the Blaser recoil reducer in the stock, the kick should be not that bad, correct?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.