1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

9.3 X 62

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Terminator, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terminator

Terminator TS Member

Hi Everyone
    I know this is not a rifle forum, however I was hopeing that there might be some shooters on here that have some experience with this cal.
    I am looking for a good load for plains game like kudu etc.,shots could out to 200-250 yards.Most factory ammo is loaded down because of all the old rifles in this cal. The gun i am using is a new Sauer 202.

Thank you in advance.
    Terminator

2. dontate

dontate Member

Hey Terminator,
    What a surprise to see you ask about that caliber load. I purchased an old Collath drilling which is calibered at 9.3X65. I could not find any ammo for it and had a guy at Stars & Stripes ammo make me some custom rounds. He used Hornady brass in Winchester 405. Hawk 193 Gr projectile. Obviously the loads are as you say backed off for an older gun. I am curious as to where you found factory loads in this caliber. Also if you want a heavy load maybe Stars & Stripes could make you what you want.

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Check out Accurate Reloading

Lot of Africa hunters and forums.

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Buy the right brass, and load the 286 gr Nosler Partition. Fifty-eight grains of Alliant's RL-15 works well. With a muzzle velocity of around 2400 fps, you will have all you need. This works out to a power factor of over 675! The 338 Win Mag tops out at around 600, and the 375 H&H churns up around 750.

Most European game and military rounds are extremely well balanced, and the 9.3 is no exception. A relatively heavy bullet at a moderate velocity will do the job at realistic game ranges.

This round is what the 35 Whelen wishes IT could be.

5. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

Killed my last moose with the 270gr Speer with a stiff load of H414 at 260yds.

Load any of the available bullets above 250gr and you will be ready for anything short of the Big Five.

Either the 250 Accubond or the 286 Partition would work well, would also look hard at Hornady's 286 as bonded bullets aren't really needed at the moderate speeds of the x62

6. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Click on the link from Reloaders Nest, then pick out the grain weight of bullet or powder you would like to load. I've never loaded the 9.3 so I can't verify any of these loads.

Wayne

7. Terminator

Terminator TS Member

Will it make much diff. between standard and magnum primers.

Thanks for the responses

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Magnum primers are recommend for;

Maximum hunting loads.

Large capacity cartridges.

Ball powder.

Cold weather use.

I typically use magnum primers (Fed 215) for game loads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.