1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

9/20 shooting @ West Chester Gun Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jwolf@wcgc, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwolf@wcgc

jwolf@wcgc TS Member

The West Chester Gun Club will be open for trap shooting 9/20/09
    The club will open at 10 AM to noon for practice and an ATA event will kick off at noon.
    ATA events will include 16 yard targets, handicap targets and doubles. Food will be available from 11:30 to 2:30

Come on out to Chester Counties most popular gun club and break some clay!!

2. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Chester Counties most popular gun club? I would like to put Oxford Gun in the running and let the shooters decide.

3. WTW

WTW Member

OGC director, they copied every thing from my program at Oxford. Hope they can live up to their claim.

TED

4. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Ray and I had to go to West Chester Gun Club today to see how things were going at "The Most Popular Gun Club in Chester County". We both shot 2 rounds of green bird with total cost being $15 each. On the 1st rd I had a 25, Ray managed to miss the last one for a 24. On the 2nd rd we shot with John Wolf and some of his friends. I had a 25, Ray dropped the first target out and John missed a couple in the middle. I had 2 high guns and was given 2 $2 tickets to be used on my next visit. Then we had a good hot sausage sandwich made by Johns wife. The night would have been great if I had been drawn for the Longbird ($213 in the pot) but someone else was drawn and they did break the target. Both Ray and I have shot at West Chester before and we will shoot there again.

I admit to being biased toward OGC and it's still my favorite. That being said, I have a lot of fun at other clubs.

5. jwolf@wcgc

jwolf@wcgc TS Member

Yo guys, How about the most popular gun club on Boot Road? Rich and Ray thank you both for coming up to shoot. I spoke with Ray about his concern of greenbird costs ($5.00) and explained that we have a daily member fee of $5.00 for shooters who are not annual or life members of the club. Ted, come up and shoot with me! I'll admit I have not been to OGC all summer but I plan to remedy that. We don't have all OGC has to offer- skeet,woble trap,trap, sporting clays and the great archery walk through course- we only have trap! OGC is a well run club and a fun place to shoot and if I can mirror that @ WCGC than I'll be happy!
    Jon Wolf

6. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Jon:

Here at the most popular gun club in Oxford we will be looking forward to shooting with you and your friends again. Hit the practice trap first, I don't want to hear any excuses!!!

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Why the noon start time?

Will there be any early squads available?

Curt

8. jwolf@wcgc

jwolf@wcgc TS Member

club will be open 10am for practice and ATA starts at noon. some folks complain about shooing into the sun! no presquading, you must be present to squad. This really reduces the "he is not here yet" problems

9. WTW

WTW Member

Mr. Wolf, I am glad to here you have changed the sign up system. I think this will be a big inprovement to your club and help your turn out. Although I never had a problem signing up, I heard many shooters say they would not shoot there because of the pre squading.

Ray and Rich took over O.G.C.'s trap program last fall and now they know there is alot more than just saying we are having a shoot. They are learing fast and I think they are doing a good job.

I hope they return to more registered shoots next year !!!!!!!!

My vote goes to OXFORD

PS. keep up the good job your are doing, Jay

TED

10. WTW

WTW Member

Jay, lets try to get 10 shooters from each club and have a round about shoot. we can shoot 25 singles, 25 caps at each club. We can do this in one day. You could have as many shooters as you want, only the top 10 scores would count.

TED

WE can also have food at which ever club.

11. jwolf@wcgc

jwolf@wcgc TS Member

Ted,

I can easily get 2 shooters of each class to do a round about. We just finished an innerclub league and have classed a lot of non ATA shooter who are always looking for fun!

Jon Wolf (clays' cousin)

12. jwolf@wcgc

jwolf@wcgc TS Member

hey OGC director, I took your advise and put the 1oz bushing in my reloader and loaded up a bunch of shells. I'm coming to OGC next Thursday to try em out!!

13. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Jon:

Just make sure you try a couple of boxes on the practice trap first to see if the change affects the way you hit the targets. (I want you on top of your game when you squad with Oxford's heavy hitters)

I like the 3 club 50 bird shoot if we can do it on a Saturday. Sounds like a good time.

14. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Jon:

How did the light loads work for you? Is that what you were using Thur nite?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.