1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

(883) 2003 HARLEY SPORSTER What is it worth!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by foghorn220, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok I know Trap Shooter's and Harley Riders go hand in hand.

Because they shoot and ride them also.

All right the very first motorcycle I owned I was maybe 12 years old and it was a 65 cc Harley Moped then bought several Honda's between time then a few Yamaha's then gave up riding but bought a 185 cc Honda XL to play on and to ride to work the last few months.

It seems now days if you don't have a Harley then you ain't shit ok I was looking at a 1994 Kawaski Vulcan 1500 that was dirt cheap and will run like a scolded dawg. But my friend has a 883 Harley Sporster that I think is worth the money so just seeing on what yall tought it was worth now days ok I have already bought it anyway but just want to see what price ranges there is across the United States on this bike ok it has 12,000 miles on it.

Foghorn!

[​IMG]

2. TC

TC TS Member

Nice one Craig! Tony

3. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Tony ok bought it for 2600.00 I know the 100th Aneversary edition isn't worth no more than a regular year model but I offered more but my friend said hell no if you want it for this price then it is yours ok she asked more to her own family but she said

Ok drawed a blank!!

maybe I will post what I was thinking later.

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Foggy,

If you bought it for $2600, then you did okay. The 883 is a descent enough bike for just tooling about the countryside in.

ss

5. shadow

shadow Active Member

Hey Foggy---Give me a holler. I just got a new bike too. We'll hit the road a bit ole buddy. Kinda cold right now ,but spring will be here before you know it.

6. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

The pre-rubber mounted engine sportster is the only MC that would put my genitals to sleep in about 25 miles. Not a pleasant experience.

7. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

You bought if from a woman, right? It's a good looking bike but too small for most men and underpowered for the hwy haul. Lot of guys get them as low cost entry to the HD experience but a 6' guy at 200 lbls soon realizes he looks a bit silly. A steal at $2,600 though.

rm

8. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Silver Bullet yeah I would rather have the rubber mounted motor my buddy said they started in 2004 with the rubber mounts but he said his still has a vibration around 58 to 61 mph.

Yakimama my last road bike was a yamaha 1100 midnight special it was a better ride and a lot fasterbut I guess the sporster will be good enough for short trips and country 2 lane riding.

TC the girl I bought it from has never rode it because she is to short and never rode a road bike but she bought it a few years ago for 4,000 and was scared to learn to ride it she needed a smaller bike to learn on she was getting tired on pay taxes and insurance on something she isn't using and plus the freinds and family was always borrowing it.

The son looked it up on the net and said it was worth from 2600 to 3400 so she offered it to him for 2800 but he didn't want to buy it when he can ride for free plus her family doesn't help her much when she needs them so since I have done a lot of stuff for her in the past then she said if I want it for 2,600 then its mine.

Plus im sure she knows she will get a free ride when she wants one.

Shadow I will buzz over your way someday to check out your ride!

Foggy!!

[​IMG]

9. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Had my car serviced yesterday in the GM dealership, and on the showroom is a Sportster. I think they said it was a 2007 model. Has a small ding in the tank, and they said it had 27,000 miles, but I could not tell because of the digital speedometer.

Had a price taq of $2500.00

Now a few years ago I would have been interested, but not today.

Danny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.