1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

870TC vs Model 12

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 1100 classic trap shooter, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1100 classic trap shooter

1100 classic trap shooter TS Member

My cousin traded his 870TC and $100 for a Model 12, both guns are in great shape. I don't know much about the model 12, was this a good trade?

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

That is a very hard question, (almost impossible) to answer without a lot more information. I love the Model 12. However saying that I owned an 870TC many years ago. ( Like 1969) It was a wonderful gun, with fantastic wood. That being said, was the Model 12 an original or "built up"? Was the 870 TC an older model or one of the newer models? What was the condition of the guns in question?? This is a very hard question to answer without a lot of specifics. It could have been the trade of the century, a so-so trade, or he got screwed. (Hard to tell without more info) Ed

3. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

I was just getting ready to post as Pat did. Lot of if's here. Is it a trap? A "Y" mod.? Is it a field gun built up as a trap gun? I love the Mod 12 as a trap gun and would prefer it over the 870. JMHO. Steve

4. 1100 classic trap shooter

1100 classic trap shooter TS Member

It was an all original model 12 in 12 gauge. Like I said I don't know much about the model 12. I think it was a trap model not a field grade.

5. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Having had both I'll take the 12 any day if the 12 is in trap configuration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.