1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

870 WITH RELEASE QUESTION

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SMOKEIT, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

When shooting a 870 with a release trigger, how do you unset the trigger if you get a broken bird or some other problem? Who makes a really good release for a 870?...SMOKIT

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

On my 870 release, all I have to do is, while holding the trigger, push the slide release button on the trigger and slide the forend back towards the receiver. Once open, the trigger resets automatically. Mine is a Schwab release... Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

On my Timney 870 and 1100 releases, just pushing the slide release button upward resets the trigger.

Ed

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

SMOKIT---There is one for sale in the "For Sale" section here. I can't remember who had it but it was a nice looking complete trigger system set up for release. Buy that one and that way you could go back to pull easily by swapping the whole trigger. I believe the guy wanted $165 for the whole thing.---Matt

I went and checked and its user name "alant" that has it for sale for $165. Sounds like a good deal to me. The guys name is Alan. PM him if interested.

5. trapman69

trapman69 Member

Same as AveragEd just push up on slide release and let trigger go. To check yours simply put in a Empty hull"and see if it works for you. if you take trigger out you can do this and should be able to see release hook come out of slot. Alan always has good triggers and good prices. Tom R

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.