1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

870 wingmaster/870express

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by valmet, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valmet

valmet TS Supporters TS Supporters

is there a difference between these bbls as far as fit goes? will they interchange? i'm looking at a new 20ga. express rifled bbl(rem) to put on my 20ga. 870 wingmaster 70-80's vintage. thanks, dennis

2. RSVP410

RSVP410 Member

Hi Dennis,
    I just bought one of Remington's blister pack 20 ga. Express fully rifled slug barrels with the cantilever scope mount, 2-7x32 scope and rings. Just put it on my gun, an 80's vintage 870 LW Magnum an it fits well with no apparent issues. These will not fit the 20 ga. standard models which were on 12 ga frames but Hasting has made barrels for that larger frame.

I don't have an need for this new Remington scope and ring set and would sell at a reasonable price if you or anyone else is interest.

If you buy this slug barrel, let us know how well it works and what slugs it works best with. I will not get a chance to sight mine in for a few weeks.

Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.