1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

870 Wingmaster 12 GA TRAP -SOLD

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Swamp_Yankee, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swamp_Yankee

Swamp_Yankee Member

I have owned this gun since the mid 70's & it is in great condition. Bought it for Trap but now shoot a BT 99. I could use it for Sporting Clays. Should I get it drilled for chokes ? buy a new BBL? or try to trade for an IC BBL. OR...sell it and forget it???

TX Jim DV

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Find yourself a good 28" fixed mod barrel and go smoke the sporting targets. Forget about changing chokes and just concentrate on the target presentation and where to break it.

I got a real good lesson the other day from a guy shooting a fixed choke (mod) 870 and he was breaking the targets at will on the sporting course. I was too busy trying to figure out what choke I needed and he was figuring out where to break the target. Guess who had the better score by 10 targets.

ss

3. benniesdad

benniesdad TS Member

If you are shooting sporting for fun, I would just use it as it is. I have an 870 with 30 inch a full choke barrel that I love to use for sporting. A familiar feeling gun that shoots where you are looking will serve you better than anything else.

4. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Buy a good used barrel or three. Please don't modify yours.

Guy Babin

5. Swamp_Yankee

Swamp_Yankee Member

What is the Trap BBL worth. I may sell it and get the Mod BBL
    thanks

6. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I have an older 870 with a 28" Modified choke vent rib that will just completely smash tgts.

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

really would be a good thing to hang onto the original barrel and get another just for clays..an IC would be best for a fixed choke as the old Remmy barrels with modern wads shoot pretty close to MOD patterns...the big plus is you easily made your gun twice as valuable now thats its part of a combo set...good used IC barrels are most everywhere cheap

8. Swamp_Yankee

Swamp_Yankee Member

Hi Rick ,it is not a step rib. Just a standard raised rib

9. Donnie 870

Donnie 870 TS Member

I have a as new 26" IC vent barrel if you want to trade. What kind of stock does your 870 have? If it a straight stock, do you want to sell gun? and how much? Thanks ---Donnie---(deh870@nn.rr.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.