1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

870 trap barrel for sale

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by algebra1, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. algebra1

algebra1 Member

I have an 870 30 in. trap barrel for sale.It takes screw in chokes an came off a rem. TC model.The front sight is green.I was looking for $235.Also if interested,I have a ported skeet barrel for $150 .

2. gymsoo

gymsoo TS Member

Where are you located? I'm assuming that it's just a barrel that's being shipped we wouldn't have to worry about FFL, is that correct?

Jim Gelatt
    Yakima, WA 98908

3. algebra1

algebra1 Member

I am located in Erie,Pa.No FFL needed for barrel.

4. gymsoo

gymsoo TS Member

What kind of threaded chokes does the trap barrel take and and would it fit my wingmaster 870 12g receiver and what ckokes are included? What is the length of the ported skeet barrel and does that have a fixed or threaded choke?

Jim Gelatt
    Yakima, WA 98908

5. algebra1

algebra1 Member

The only choke that comes with it is a full.It should fit your receiver as long as it is not a mag. receiver.Barrel was built for 2 3/4 in. shells only.

The skeet barrel is 26 in. skeet fixed choke.

6. gymsoo

gymsoo TS Member

What is the screw-in choke system, like is it a Briley? I wondering if I could screw in other chokes and if I could that would make it very useful. Is the fixed skeet barrel a Remington barrel and was it factory ported? I'm pretty new at this and not sure I would know the value of porting? I would be interested in both barrels if the 30" screw-in chokes would allow me to purchase additional choke tubes. Thanks for the info.

Jim Gelatt
    Yakima, WA

7. algebra1

algebra1 Member

I'm sure you could buy other chokes to fit this barrel.The barrel is remington factory.Standard chokes should fit,but I believe remington makes trap chokes for this barrel.
    The skeet barrel is remington,but I'm not sure if it is factory porting.Both barrels marked "Target"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.