1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

870 TC M/C stock set for sale (long forearm)

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by short shucker, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

I ran across this on ebay. Hard to find for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Remington-870-Shotgun-Monte-Carlo-Wood-Stock-Forend_W0QQitemZ360213823469QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53de6abfed

It's not mine.

ss

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

Now it works.

ss

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Please note that if you buy it you will pay by paypal

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Jack makes an important point. I know a lot of people seem to like PayPal and the one time I used it as a buyer, the funds transfer was satisfactory (there are only two ways that can go, after all). But then the emails started. My account was being compromised. My account was suspended. On and on it went and the puzzling part was that I never opended a PayPal account, I just plugged my credit card info into the seller's website.

Long story short, I tried numerous times to communicate with them to no avail. They just responded that they were not sending the emails but when I threatened to report them to the Pennsylvania Bureau of Consumer Protection and our Attorney General's office, the emails suddenly stopped.

I now refuse to buy anything via PayPal.

Ed

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Some folks do not concern themselves wiht computer junk. But two things happen when you begin the process of signing up for PayPal. 1) you automatically ask them to begin a process of approving your credit and (at a minimum) are bombarded by thier credti card offers, and 2) you allow them to put a PERMANENT COOKIE onto your hard drive. COOKIES are used as counters and may be used to MINE your website surfing.

And 3) anytime you cannot communicate with some offer it is best to walk away.

6. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

0   0   0

I use Paypal and have never had a credit card offer nor do I accept permanent cookies. I purge all cookie at least once a day. I have to sign back in on my normally used sites but that is OK. I have never had a problem with it. Maybe I am just lucky.

7. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

0   0   0

My experience is the same as Hoosier Daddy. Aside from the occasional email from PayPal, nothing unfavorable to say.

Robert

8. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

I have used Paypal literally hundreds of times both buying and selling on eBay. I have never had a problem "YET", however, that doesn't mean I won't have. I find it very convenient to use and my credit card number is not passed along to whoever I purchase from. I have just recently used it to purchase merchandise from members of TS.com. Very convenient unless you are trying to buy guns, gun parts, ammo, etc. They don't allow that unless of course you just call your item merchandise.

What I have found using Paypal when selling, is that the selling price is almost always higher when buyers can pay for an item when they can charge it to their credit card rather than if they have to dig the money out of their wallet or go pay cash for a US postal money order. By the way, my bank has quit taking US postal money orders over a year ago because of the counterfeiting problem with them. Even the local post office has a 2 page sheet of nothing but numbers of money orders that have been counterfeited.

9. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

0   0   0

OldRemFan, I wondered why when I deposited a USPS money order at my bank the other the funds were not immediately available. I guess that explains it. I had not heard of the counterfeit money orders.

10. hebbard

hebbard TS Member

0   0   0

Paypal is fine. Just don't use your "real" name for your account name - make one up that's not related to your email address! If you use your real name or your email name, you'll get bombarded by "phishing" spams that tell you they are from paypal(which of course they are not).

Hebbard

PS (I don't work for Paypal - or anybody else in the computer business. I just like shopping without giving my credit card number to everybody)

11. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I've been on paypal for longer than I remember. I get a paypal phishing scam about as often as I get one from BOA, AmEX, or a number of other companies that i've never had an affiliation with, so I doubt the paypal scams have anything to do with paypal...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.