1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

870 tc barrel proof marks

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BudsterXT, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

I need some knowledge. This is for a Wingmaster 870 tc. When I ran the Serial numbers at Remington they told me it is an 1951 year.

Is this the right barrel for this gun? It has one proof mark on it. It has the solid bar on the rib.

budsterxt_2010_1707.jpg

budsterxt_2010_17071.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

There is a two-letter code stamped into the left side of the barrel right in front of the receiver. It can be translated into the month and year the BARREL was produced - as long as the barrel is original to the gun, that date should get you pretty close to the gun's production month and year.

The conversion chart for those codes can be found on the Remington Historical Society's website.

Ed

3. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

Thanks for the replies. I have uploaded two more pictures to show the other side of barrel and the complete gun.

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Is it 30"? That is how an original tc barrel should be marked, or unmarked, if you will. Just the proof stamp and no other production stamps as on the tb barrels. It may not be original but it is right for the gun. Most likely, it is the original. Nice old tc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
remington 870 as proofmark
remington 870 barrel marks

remington 870 proof marks

remington 870 right side of barrel stamp information
remington 870 tc barrel codes

remington proof marks