1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

870 TB QUESTION

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gdbabin, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I have an older 870 TB that does not eject hulls properly when shucked for a second shot. They extract, but hang up in the port. Is this likely caused by a worn ejector nub on the barrel? The barrel is a factory fixed choke VR unit.

Guy Babin

2. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Open the action and look closely into the gun. There should be a piece as you look straight ahead into the gun slightly to the left of center that kicks the shell out of the gun. This piece will most likely be broken or the piece will be actually no longer in the gun. This is the piece that helps the shell eject out of the gun. Type in "Remington 870 schematic" on your computer. I think it is part #20 on the schematic. I think it's called an ejector spring. Suggest take it to a gunsmith. Most likely that part is missing or broken. It cost me $3.99 for the part and $50.00 to have a gunsmith install it. A friend was able to install it himself. Look at your receiver on the left side of the gun. There will be a small round circle. That is where this part is attached.
    Steve Balistreri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.