1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

870 sunburst

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ron y, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ron y

ron y TS Member

Does anybody remembera remington 870 with a light colored stock made in the 60s called a sunburst,,is my memory fading? thanks ron y

2. jtf650

jtf650 Member

The 27th edition of the Blue Book lists this under Model 870AP Slide Action: "Add 15% for "Sungrain" blonde maple wood (mfg. 1959-1961)." So I'd say your memory is just fine. I saw one advertised a few years back, but I can't remember where. Maybe it's my memory I need to worry about.

3. jandbburch

jandbburch Member

Ron,

Your memory is just fine. Remington only made them for a couple of years, but they were also available in the Model 58 as well. I have two of them. One is a 12 gauge skeet gun, the other a 20 gauge skeet gun (Unfired) with an extra 26" IC barrel (Also unfired) They are unique in that they have maple stocks, a gold magazine cap, trigger pins and butt plate screws. They are pretty rare, but you do see one up on the auction block every now and then.

Regards, Jim B.

4. jhoward

jhoward Member

Jim, would you mind posting some pictures of one of yours? I don't believe I've ever seen one. Or you can email them to me at the above address, just remove the x's.

Joe

5. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I never knew they had a name, but the fire company raffled one off when I was a kid. I thought it was the prettiest gun I ever saw. I scrimped and saved all my lawn-mowing and odd-job money to buy chances on it (25 cents each, or a book of five for a dollar if I remember correctly). When I'd go the fire-house to buy another chance (kids were allowed to do that then), I'd just stare at the gun.

I still have a hard time coping with not winning that gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

sunburst remington 870

when was maple gun stocks on remington model 58 shotgun