1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

870 stock?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Maybe. Maybe not.

Late model 870 stocks are the same as the 1100/1187, and use a longer stock bolt with a wide washer to mount on an 870.

Earlier 870 stocks will not directly mount on an 1100/1187. They can be converted, though. The hole needs to be enlargened to fit over the 1100/1187 action spring tube. Then a tube or pipe needs to be slide over the action sleeve tube so the stock nut and washer has something to bear against.

An 1100/1187 stock can mount directly on an 870 provided the longer stock bolt and washer are used.

2. 3on8

3on8 Member

I have a old 20ga 870 that is on a 12ga frame. I called remington about geting another stock. They sent me a 12ga 1100 stock. I had to drill the hole deeper for the stock nut to go on. Otherwise, it fit like a glove. The wood will mount on the receiver with no problem. I totally agree with Brain.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The longer 870 stock bolt prevents needing to drill the hole deeper when using an 1100 stock on an 870. This longer stock bolt is available from Remington parts.

4. Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee Member

I repalce the straight stock on my 870 with a MC stock and needed a longer bolt. Iused a piece of all thread with washer, lock washer and nut workes great.

5. 3on8

3on8 Member

The lady from Remington told me they one sell one stock for either gun. This was about 2 years ago. Guess the bolt is what makes the difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.