1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

870 release's,who makes the best?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by michmoe, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

870 release

I just bought a 870 and need the trigger converted to a release.Anyone have any recommendation's?

2. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Find a Timney

3. trumphound

trumphound TS Member

I had Dean Harris at Skeets Gunshop in Talahaqua,Oklahoma (918)456-4749 do one for one of my 870 comps. I am very happy with that one and have recently sent a Beretta combo to him for a conversion to release. Reasonable rates and he'll tell you his work load and return time estimate. A real gentleman to deal with.

4. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Ditto on what Trumphound said.

5. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Thanks guys,I'll give him a call Monday.

6. alant

alant TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have 2 Schwab and 1 PGS 870 release triggers if interested.

Thanks, Alan

7. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

There is one for sale below. Whole trigger assembly, probably for the same price as a new installed release. It is a Timney. Darn good release. I see you have been there. Have you checked to see what the prices are for a new release installed? Price below seems reasonable. Jon

8. THE REBEL

THE REBEL TS Member

If you need release stickers pm me your address i will send you some free
    THE REBEL (JOHN A BELL LIFE ATA)

9. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

10. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Jon...I did inquire on the Timney that was for sale on here.But the set and release weights were lighter then what I like.I just started shooting one not long ago in my Perazzi and don't really have much knowledge on them (other then the releases I tried with lighter set and release weights I couldn't shoot well).I know Timney no longer makes them as I called the company.I don't know what it would take or if any one could increase the set and release weights.Is that much of a big deal? Thanks for your help....Moe

11. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I see in his post that the trigger has two adjustment screws. So I would think you could adjust the speed and the poundage of the trigger pretty easily. Plus you do not have to send the gun off, and have to wait to get it back. Personally, I still think this trigger is the way to go. Then if you want to go back to pull you just swap triggers. Or what happens if you get a new one and it is not quite right, and you have to send it back? Jon

12. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

The adjustment screws on a Timney are for creep and overtravel. Weight would be adjusted by springs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.