1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

870 questions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Seth Bagwell, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seth Bagwell

Seth Bagwell TS Member

I've got a Remington 870, plain-Jane, from wal- mart I'm sure. It's about 15 years old and still looks brand new. But it's got a problem. After he gun is fired, sometmes the slide won't pump back. Might get stuck on the first shot, or the 200th shot. Ammo makes no difference, i take it completely apart and clean it every few hundred shots. Seems like if you push the forearm foreward, or bump the stock, it will release and slide back.

Note: I've put thousands upon thousands of rounds through the gun, and it's always had the problem. But last time I took it out, it got on my nerves, and I decided I want to fix it.

Any ideas what I can do???

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Banned Supporting Vendor

Hone the chamber. Very common problem.

3. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Could be you are not holding the forend firmly as it has to move forward under recoil to unlatch the bolt from the barrel. Otherwise, deburr, hone and make sure there are no places on the action bars, bolt, or barrel hood which are binding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.