1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

870 Express Deer Gun+VR field barrel for trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Paul Donahue, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Donahue

Paul Donahue TS Member

The 870 Express deergun has a wood montecarlo stock that according to Remingtons website has dimensions nearly identical to the 870 Classic trap.I'm wondering if this gun with a 30in VR field barrel would shoot about 60/40? If so it would make an economical hunting/trapgun. Have any of you tried this combination? Thanks for any help. Paul

2. Paul Donahue

Paul Donahue TS Member

The 870 Express deergun has a wood montecarlo stock that according to Remingtons website has dimensions nearly identical to the 870 Classic trap.I'm wondering if this gun with a 30in VR field barrel would shoot about 60/40? If so it would make an economical hunting/trapgun. Have any of you tried this combination? Thanks for any help. Paul

3. Paul Donahue

Paul Donahue TS Member

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

The only way to know for sure is to try a barrel on one and see how the beads line up.

I paid $250 for my express combo brand new and the field barrel shoots about the poi you are after.

If you double or triple post, all you have to do to correct is click on the edit/delete option below.

Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.