1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

870 Competition Choke tubes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pens1992, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pens1992

pens1992 TS Member

Hi I am thinking about buying a 870 competition fo trap has anyone ever put choke tubes in the barrel all the ones I see are full fixed choke please if you have any info it would be great Thanks Don

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

These guns typically have the best chokes Remington ever made. I would shoot it before I did anything to it. It is going to be hard to make this grand old gun break a target any harder. It will be easy to hurt the performance and value of the gun.

If you keep your head on the gun and your eyes on the target, the tight choke is NOT a handicap.

3. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

I totally agree with Shooting Coach.

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Please don't mess with the finest barrels Remington ever produced! If you feel compelled to have choke tubes, buy a newer 870.

The 870 comp barrels were hand massaged at the factory. They will all measure a little different, but all preform flawlessly.

All Good,

ec90t

5. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

Would a standard 870 or 1100 barrel fit it? I know they have some sort of gas system to soften the recoil so if pens wanted tubes, could he just use another barrel and tube away?

Steve

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Barrels aren't interchangable. You can put a standard 870 barrel on a comp, but not the other way. You also loose the recoil system once this is done.

The 870 comps are unto themselves on a lot of the parts. The stock and the trigger is interchangable, but most everything else in comp only.

All Good,

ec90t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 870 competition choke