1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

870 Comp ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ec90t, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Having recently acquired an 870 Comp and being new to them, I have the following question:

How does one keep the magazine/piston tube cap tight? I seem to have to get a quarter out of my pocket every 10 shots or so to tighten it up. It's almost like having a choke tube gun.

Thanks in advance for any help.

ec90t

2. onthe$

onthe$ TS Member

put tephlon(if thats how you spell it) tape on the threads of the magazine, that should help cause thats what i use on my choke tubes.

3. 333t

333t Member

The magazine/barrel cap for the 870 Comp. has a metal sleeve inside the cap that goes into the magazine tube about an inch or so and it has the shallow holes around the flat side like a regular 870. There should be spring loaded locking detent ball on the front of the barrel mounting ring that locks the cap in position. It sounds like you may be missing this ball.

Phil

4. Holeinmypattern

Holeinmypattern TS Member

quit shooting dynamite in it eric! that will blow them up! stick to your bps and leave the 870's to me. I'll give you 50 bucks and take it off your hands!-john

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

John,

I like the 870 too much to get rid of it. I cant say the same for the Browning.

I quit shooting dynamite a while back. I'm down to shooting a 1 1/8 oz of 6's running 1350fps for back-ups.

333t,

I just looked and you are correct. I have the right cap, I don't have the ball or spring. Where/how do I go about finding one?

ec90t

6. dzneff

dzneff Member

Warning. Do not shoot anything heavier than 1-1/8 oz @ 1200 fps. I went thru 2 receivers on mine. Cracks at rear of the ejector opening.

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Thanks again guys! I called Remington and they had the parts in stock. I even ordered an extra set.

ec90t

8. 333t

333t Member

The spring may still be in the hole. Usually when the pin comes out, the spring stays in there.

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.