1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

870 Comp question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GEMINI, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GEMINI

GEMINI TS Member

Does anyone know what the purpose of the piston retainer ring is? It is the flat ring on the bottom of the piston that fits into a groove. Also has anyone found a replacement or a substitute part for this ring that can be used????

Thanks

2. captin

captin TS Member

If the ring you speak of is the SPLIT ring at the big end of the piston that fits in a groved slot ,,,is is not a retainer ring. It is to keep a small amount of tension between the piston and the inside of the tube it slides in. helps to slow the blow of gas past the piston when fired, the O ring is to seal off the gas at the other end (small end of the piston).

BUT some gas and powder will still slip by and the inside of the tube needs to be cleaned from time to time as well as removing the seal that rest in the end of the tube near the reciever.

captin

3. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

Thanks for the tip and question. I have one of these and will never sell it.
    Sold my first one which is the finest shotgun I'll have ever owned. Too bad they don't shoot doubles!!

Harry

4. Scotty585

Scotty585 Member

If you post a pic, I may have one for you. I think there might be one in my parts box leftover from when I had one.

Scott

5. GEMINI

GEMINI TS Member

The ring shown inside the groove in the bottom of the piston. Let me know if you have one for sale. You can PM me if you want.

Thanks
    View attachment 228666

gemini_2008_030312.jpg

6. Scotty585

Scotty585 Member

Sorry Gemini. Thats not one of the pcs. I have left. Musta been from something else.

7. GEMINI

GEMINI TS Member

Scotty585,

Thanks for looking anyway.

8. GEMINI

GEMINI TS Member

Scotty585,

Not trying to be greedy, but would you happen to have an extra piston return buffer??? (looks similar to an orange plastic washer).

Thanks

9. Scotty585

Scotty585 Member

Sorry none of those hanging around either. Youre not being greedy, Im always happy to help out when I can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.