1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

870 Comp piston

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by AveragEd, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I have a complete barrel as shown in the photo below. The recoil reduction parts are all there and in very good condition - $275.

[​IMG]

Ed

2. fsquared51

fsquared51 Member

I have an extra piston that attaches to the barrel.
    Its 50.00 plus shipping from TX
    Tom F

3. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Ed, your Comps have lots prettier wood than mine.

4. AveragEd

Maybe not. Do yourself a favor and take some fine automotive rubbing compound to the finish and you might be surprised what is hiding under that Remington satin (aka "mud") finish. The wood on the upper gun was refinished but the lower one was merely rubbed out.

Here are some of the photos of the upper gun the person I bought it from sent me. Even though they aren't the best shots, you can still tell that the change was dramatic! I bought that gun because of its low usage and great mechanical condition in spite of what looked like "average" wood figure at best. But even the person who refinished it was shocked at what was under that original finish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ed

5. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

ED,
    My stock and forend are OK, but not what I've seen on some Comps. I bought the first one that came into the gun shop I worked for in 1982. The next 3 or 4 that arrived had increasingly nicer wood. Oh, well....

Ron Burr

Alberta

6. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

I will take that extra piston if still available. Just put it in the box with my 870.. Thanks

Kenny Uhlbeck

7. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

If the original poster " Gemini" wants/ needs this part, I will withdraw my request for this extra part.

So it is yours if ya want it GEMINI if not I will take it.

Please post soon if you do want it.

I was thinking about it and I sort of stole it before Gemini could post if he wanted it.

8. AveragEd

There might be another piston available soon. A poster notified me last night that he wants the extra barrel pictured above and plans to have it modified to fit an 870TC, so I'm guessing he will be selling the weight and related parts.

Let me know if you want it and I'll forward your contact info to him.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.