1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

870 Comp part

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 333t, Jun 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 333t

333t Member

The piston buffer is the polymer part attached to the end of the spring. No metal parts are involved except the long spring. To assemble to the gun, the buffer end goes into the tube first. Nothing goes in or comes out the receiver end of the tube. The buffer acts to prevent gas from coming out of the receiver end of the tube and also serves as a stop for the spring.

Phil

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Do you need a manual for it? I can email it

3. 333t

333t Member

There is no separate metal piece to remove. The polymer buffer attached to the spring seats in the receiver end of the tube. The buffer sometimes gets wedged in tight and thus the picture of tapping it out with the dowel you mention.

When you attach the barrel, the piston will put substantial pressure on the spring and that keeps the buffer seated properly.

Phil

4. 333t

333t Member

Captin is the expert here. I just checked my Comp. and there is a metal plate at the bottom of the seal. I guess I never noticed it as a separate part, it must just come out with the spring and buffer/seal. I have had about four of these guns over the years and always had the spring come out easily with the buffer/seal attached. The parts diagram doesn't show a separate part so the metal and polymer parts must be pressed together at the factory.

Phil

5. 333t

333t Member

Not certain but this may be the metal cap part from Numrich:

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=822380&catid=5668

Phil

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

It amazing (to me, anyway) how much interest in those old guns has developed lately. I can barely recall any threads about an 870 Competition a year or even six months ago and now, we see them frequently. Their values have risen and people are finding parts for them. I think that's great and I now have two complete guns in great condition and one extra barrel with all the recoil reduction parts. They're fun to shoot and because they shoot higher than any Remington trap gun I've ever shot and do so with so much less recoil, they are easy to shoot well.

Ed

7. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

I could use just the barrel off a comp, don't need the recoil stuff either.Anybody out there with one?

8. mike cain

mike cain Member

call me on 607 796 0394 I have a barrel available or the complete gun available. the gun has a Anton stock, crack in the rec. and pigeon ported barrel. mike cain horseheads, ny 607 796 0394

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.