1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

870 Classic Trap!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Colonel Reb, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colonel Reb

Colonel Reb TS Member

I broke 94 with it at the Tennessee prelims. To most that is a low score, but that is my highest ever average. My first year in ATA my average was in the 70's, next year it was in the 80's, and now it looks like I'll be in the low 90's if I have some more good shoots. I have both of Remington's trap guns (870 Classic Trap and 1100 Classic Trap) and they get the job done.

I have been making a mistake on handicaps. Since I am on the 20, I assumed that the singles choke was adequate and left it in. But during caps, I shot a 16, a 20, and an 18. So I put the mid-handicap choke in and broke a 23 on the last round.

2. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

good shooting it all seems to come with time i shot same way went up every year was a dumb@$$ sold gun and starting over but thats the fun part

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago, I was at a 100-target league shoot. My shooting supplies dealer had experienced a gun breakdown and had borrowed someone's Krieghoff but was doing badly with it. I happened to have my 870TC along and asked him if he wanted to use it. He said, "Yes - I know where THAT gun shoots!" He missed one of the 50 targets he shot with it even though it has a release trigger.

Every time I get into a slump, I break out that 870 for a day. Then life is good again and my "good" gun somehow learns to shoot better.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.