1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

870 classic trap parts info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ernesto1, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ernesto1

Ernesto1 Member

Hi everyone. New to the forum as a member but have perused the site with some frequency.

I just purchased a new Remington 870 Classic Trap and was wondering what parts would be prudent to keep on hand. Examples I feel would be firing pins assorted springs etc. Anyone have a history with this shotgun who may have some insight?

Appreciate any helpful response. Thanks, Darryl.

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Darryl,

Welcome to the site.

A good can of gunoil, rag, and a boresnake. That's all the parts you'll need for the next 20yrs.

ss

3. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

Agreed, no spare parts needed. I haven't had my TB since new but it was made in 1978 and I haven't done anything to it since I got it several years ago except clean it. They just kinda keep on going....and going........and going!

Steve

4. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

As an insight to the dependability of the 870, I can tell you this. After the Model 12, the 870 was the number one choice of police departments for shotguns. Many departments still use them today, but some departments are going to Mossburgs and some other brands. If police officers can do anything, they can destroy the indistructable, but that was seldom the case with the 870. The double rail design of the 870 pump made it reliable and did what it had to do when called on. I have seen a lot of other brands fail to stand up to the same abuse the 870's got, while the 870's still worked.

5. Ernesto1

Ernesto1 Member

Thank you all for your input. I feel quite confident of this purchase after reading your responses.

Good shooting to everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.