1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

870 ALUMINUM ADD-ON RIB Shoots about 90/10

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by yzfart, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yzfart

yzfart TS Member

0   0   0

I am selling my custom one-off rib from my 870 Remington.

I will be very descriptive to let you know what I am selling.

My shotgun has a factory Remington 30" barrel with a .293" wide rib. This is the barrel that came originally with a mid-bead 16" from the muzzle.

The rib was machined from a sheet of .375" 7075-T6 aircraft aluminum. The rib is .532" tall at the muzzle and .657" at the top of the taper from the receiver. So, in essence, you have .125 of taper from the front to the back. I used a water jet for the rough profile and then finished it up on a mill. I matched the ventilations of the stock rib and put taper in them too, so it looks very good when mounted. It really flows with the barrel (check pic), The rib has been painted with BBQ black (flat black) paint and I used sight black on the top of it to end glare. It does not have any knurling or hashmarks on the sight plane, but the sight black worked great. It is drilled and tapped for the standard Remington thread front sight and mid-bead (6-48 and 3-56 respectively) at the same distances from the muzzle as the stock rib.

I cut a centered .093" groove in the base of this rib to straddle the original rib. The way I mounted it was by applying a very thin bead of clear silicone to the top of my original bead and then using some clamps and straight 2x4 to hold it fast while the silicone cured overnight. The rib never loosened up at all.

I have moved on to another shotgun, and don't need this anymore. I figure this will give someone the opportunity to have a high-rib gun without shelling out the big bucks. You are going to need an adjustable comb to make this work for you, it will take about 3/4 inch rise at the comb. I used an outstanding Jack West stock purchased from Richard Colley from this site.

I will throw in the custom risers for the comb if you let me know you have a Jack West stock.

I am asking $100 shipped for this item. Don't offer less, if it doesn't sell I don't care. I am not an a$$hole, but I have been consistently low-balled on this site.

If you have any questions let me know. I check this site daily for PM's.

Thanks,

Ben

P.S. I will not be making any more of these. I put a lot of time and effort into this and don't believe I could make it worth my while.
    yzfart_2009_281115.jpg

yzfart_2009_281116.jpg

yzfart_2009_281117.jpg

yzfart_2009_281118.jpg

2. Dick The Shooter

Dick The Shooter Member

0   0   0

3. ultramag338

ultramag338 Member

0   0   0

I will take it. PM payment info. Thanks Corey

4. yzfart

yzfart TS Member

0   0   0

Fellas, thank you very much for your interest. As of right now the rib has sold pending funds.

Take care,

Ben

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

add on gunrib risers

aluminum add on shotgun ribs