1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

870/1100?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tron, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Is there any outfit that makes the spacer that allows the 870 stock to fit an 1100?

2. turmite

turmite Member

Tron where does the spacer go? I might be able to machine you one if I had an idea what it did and where it went!

Mike

3. Tron

With the 870, the bolt hole is approx. 1 3/4" deeper than that of an 1100. I've made spacer's from 5/8" ID pipe, but there's a local that says that there is a special one available that has flanged ends that are flat....I've never seen one before, so I was just wondering if there is such a spacer available.

4. gkinla

gkinla Member

Just cut a piece of PVC pipe that just fits into the bolt hole. Jack West includes a short piece of PVC with his stock set to fit either a 1100 or 870. Seems to work okay. I had a beautiful 870 stock that had the 1/4 inch bolt hole that I wanted to put on a 1100. I just back bored the hole to fit the action tube and used a piece of PVC to take up the space. I don"t remember what size the PVC was. Been on for several years without problems.

Gary

5. Tron

Thanks Enduro, let me know what I owe you. You can Email me at my website.

Joe Bowles
    PO Box 367
    Union Lake Mi. 48387-0367

6. Tron

Thanks Jeff! I just received it. Let me know if I can do anything for you.

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.