1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

85tss not opening after doubles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by doublebird, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doublebird

doublebird Member

I have an 85tss that I use for skeet that has an opening issue. It sometimes won't open after shooting a pair. If I put upward pressure (as if I were closing the gun) I can hear a click inside the receiver and the gun will open fine. Any ideas?

2. Franklin

Franklin TS Member

sounds as if your firing pin(s) are not retracting.

3. alfermann66

alfermann66 TS Member

4. doublebird

doublebird Member

What is the fix for this? I had the stock off last night. No springs were broken or out of place and nothing was loose. I double checked the pins for retracting. Both firing pin return springs are returning the pins if the hammers are set. If the hammers are released the bottom firing pin stays out. Neither firing pin return spring feels stiffer or softer than the other. What would cause the lower pin to stay out? When opening the gun the lower pin drags on the shell. It seems as if the hammer is not being pulled off the pin as the gun is opened. Once fully opened the hammers reset and both pins are returned in to bore. Any info on the issue would be appreciated.

5. doublebird

doublebird Member

Yes there is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.