1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

800 Plus or Platimum 2000.....Which one?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by AEP, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AEP

AEP Member

My ols PW 800C is getting worn out. I have replaced some parts, however, when I replace one part I find another owrn out. It's time for a new one. The question is which one? The "New 800 Plus", or Platinum 2000. I only load lead trap loads. Every once and while I do load #6 field loads.

I would appreciate any input on which loader to get.

Respectfully Submitted,
    Andy Pozzi

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I have a 2000 (great machine) and my Brother has the 800+. For the same money, I'd go with the 800+, not because it is a better machine, but because you have the flexibility to load other gauges (if you buy the tooling) and the change is very fast.

Contact Whiz White ... whiz@swsupply.com ... great service and pricing. Bill Malcolm

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

I had both and prefer the 2000 Platinum. Very good machine. Fred

4. 1oz

1oz Member

Andy,

If you decide to get rid of the 800C machine contact me .I use the 800C machines and could use 1 laying around for spare parts possibly. Haven't needed any yet but you never know. Remove the XXX's

Jim

5. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

I made a switch to the Spolar and never looked back. Fred

6. dverna

dverna Active Member

I load as fast (or faster) on my 800+ with case feeder, than I can with my hydraulic Spolar.

They are both good machines, but the Spolar is easier to use.

Don Verna

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have a 2000 platinum and have had it for about 7+ years. I like it a lot, no complaints but beretta687 is righ about the 800+ and being able to change the gauges. I think if I were doing it again I would do the 800+ but I also would look hard at a Dillon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.