1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

8 LB.Red Dot Keg Is Short One Pound

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by oleolliedawg, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I retracted this post because this keg may have come from a deceased fellow Trapshooters old stock that may have been opened by him earlier. I regret this possible error and apologize!!

2. FLIP

FLIP Member

READY,,,FIRE,,AIM ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LOL

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

oleolliedawg - you are one of the few people that would claim powder kegs are 12 percent short

You count wads in a bag also -- do you return them when you find out you received more than you paid for?

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Yeah Gene, and I also open everyone of my factory loads and count the pellets making sure I didn't get gyped!!

5. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

In case Gene is not clever enough to do this, I do not count wads in a bag! However, it is real easy to start a fresh loading session with known unopened bags etc and load a few flats of shells! I recently loaded 4 flats of Federal cases using their factory wads! At the end, I was short 9 shells from 1000! In case Gene can't do the math, that is .9% short. I then loaded two additional flats and I came up 1 short on the first bag and 2 short on the second! Is it a coincidence!? Probably not! However, if statistics is kicking in, I should have some extras real soon but I will not hold my breath! Tom Rhoads

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

A lot of trapshooters have very small brains and are easily confused. The next time you buy wads bring a scale with you and weigh the bags. Just buy the heaviest bags, they have the most wads inside. HMB

7. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

OT--When you go to the bakery , only ask for and buy the biggest donuts or Bagels -- they all cost the same so why not get more ??

8. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

tcr1146

Tom, The last few dozen bags of Federal Factory Wads I used were at least one or two wads over. You can stop looking now.....I got the extras. :)

9. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

oleolliedawg,

It took character to call attention to the possibility that you might be wrong.

Tony C

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.