1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

8 Gauge English Shotgun For Sale - Pending

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by shot410ga, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Great wall hanger for $7500.

2. webley

webley TS Member

0   0   0

Shot410ga,
    It's not a wall hanger to everyone - it's a great gun for geese - outside of the US of course.

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

Anything with a demascus barrel should be a "wall hanger," as they are often dangerous to shoot with full-pressure loads. That being said, there's nothing wrong with having a couple wall hangers or safe queens. After all, the most valuable guns in existence no longer get shot.

-Gary

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Speaking as a Briley distributor, one could get the gun tubed. Just a thought.

Could this gun be used on the 50 yard line? LOL

The idea of a Black Powder 16 yard and HCP event might interest more folks than you think.

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Coach..I use to shoot an old Husky SxS.. 34" full/full underlever hammergun..To astound many of our younger shooters ..I use to shoot it regularly.. It won many times more than what it cost me from the parking lot..Fun.. that's all I can say.. A whole bunch of fun to shoot.. Shooting low gun.. uncocked.. calling the bird.. cocking on the way up.. and destroying 95% of the targets was a blast.. All with 2.5" 12 gauge 2.5 dram shells 7/8oz. #8's with a .050 choke.. I miss those days.. BTW.. wonder what Briley would charge for tubes??? All Good.. Mike

6. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Tubing an eight gauge is way to much work and money. Chamber inserts for ten and twelve gauge shells is the way to go. Twelve gauge inserts can be made from just about any material. Ten gauge inserts should be made from steel because they are quite thin at the rim area. Ten gauge wads seem to seal quite well in the eight gauge bore.

7. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

0   0   0

Hmmm. I'm thinking brass shells, turned on a lathe if necessary, and a buncha black powder. I bet this old girl could roar again if somebody wanted to let her.

8. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

0   0   0

The current issue of Handloader magazine has the first of a 2 article series on reloading Brass Shotshells, including sources for tools and components.

I don't see any reason that, that gun couldn't be used with black powder loads, as it was originally designed and built to do.

Steel doesn't just "deteriorate" with age, unless it is allowed to corrode. If the bore is not rotten then there should be no reason why it is not still serviceable,,, with black powder loads. No vintage of damascus is suitable for smokeless loads.

That was a quality gun when it was made, and time alone has not altered that fact.

Randy

9. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Eight gauge brass shells are available at Rocky Mountain Cartridge Company. They aren't cheap, but how many do you need for a single shot? They are sold in boxes of ten. I use them, assume they will last a lifetime. They take standard 209 size primers. I would like to own this gun, but at a somewhat lower price.

10. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Get hold of Steve Barnett @ Steve Barnett Fine Guns. He will help you and is a square dealer. Look at his web sight sometime.

Steve had a 8 ga Army Navy double several years ago and we loaded it with some brass shells listed above with black powder and #4 shot and had a photographer for Double Gun Jouirnal take a Mississippi Tom Turkey ate 40+ yards. It was a HOOT to shoot with 39" barrels and .oo37 choke. It devistated that poor turkey! Wall hanger??--Not on your life!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

8 bore shotguns for sale

8 ga english shotgun
8 gauge shot guns

8 gauge shotgun for sale

8ga turky gun
english 8 gauge shotguns
english 8 guage shotguns
perkins 8 gauge shotgun