1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

789 chevy

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trapshooter, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

Looks like 1 57 chevy got married to a 61 chevy. ehhhh? Nice car. What does the 789 stand for? Todd

2. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

it's a new corvette that has been restyled. cost about 150K or so. parts look like a 57,58,59 chevy product hence the name motordoc

3. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

4. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

One piece at a time was the name Cashes song. I want one of those. I think it's cool. And I have an album with that song on it.

5. scratcher

scratcher TS Member

Looks like a lot of money pissed away.

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

somebody had a dream and made it happen...and it looks great!!

7. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Very nicely done. I clearly see the 57 front end, and 59 sides and back. I don't see anything from the 58 upside down bath tub that Chevy put out, but 789 is a very cool number for this work of art. I have seen other "collaberation" cars, but this is the cleanest of clean. With the Z06 chassis, it should rock.

8. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Mike,

To be period correct, at least for the '58 and 59, you should use the '09's little brother the 348 with a tri-power intake. Since the front end is a '57,, a 283 fuelie would be in order. In your immortal words, "it's definitly all good!"

ec90t

9. almost unemployed

almost unemployed TS Member

Looks like the BatMobile.

10. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

rich-s

I was always a Mopar guy in the late 50's and all the 60's, but my best bud had a 58 "boat" as he liked to call it. As I recall it had a 348 stroker and an automatic transmission that was downright strange. Kind of like the CVT trannies in the new hybrids. No gears, just did its thing, slipping and sliding along. Called something like Turbo Glide, which was chevy talk for mucho slipo I always thought.

We had a ton of good times in the clunker. Not sure what it weighed in at, but it was pushing heavy weight class, not feather weight. The back seat in that bucket of bolts was HUGE, which as a teenager was not all bad.

It was either a Biscayne or BelAir, not the Impala. And a 4 door couple on top of that. Anything but cool. If it had been a 2 dr. hardtop Impala with 409 and dual quads, then I probably would have had an entirely different opinion of the 58.

11. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Didreckson, I thought much the same when I garnered those photos maybe 6 weeks ago but I think if we could see them together, you'd see that the treatment at the rear end of the door, upper portion where the flare for the '59 "whale tail" begins, we might see some '58 treatment there....Bob Dodd

12. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Here's Johnny

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/59H4S-a8Wj4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/59H4S-a8Wj4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

One peice at a time.

foghorn

13. BMC

BMC Member

Odd looking beast. BUT, what I found more interesting is that I know EXACTLY where those photos were taken as I have used that exact spot on that road a bunch of times for similar automotive photos for the industry I'm in. One of the few places left in So Cal. I'll actually be using that spot next week.

14. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Looks like something for a future Batman sequel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.