1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

75 years in Prison for video taping

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by oldgahchamp, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Just heard on the Glen Beck program where some guy in ILLINOIS is going to get 75 years in jail for Video Taping the Police. WTF is going on there?. Larry

2. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

We just had a case on Rochester, NY were a woman taped a traffic stop and was told by the police to go back in her house. She did not comply and was arrested. There are 4 states where it is illeagle to tape a police officer while he is on duty and Illinois is one of them, this also applies to federal agents. I don't remember the other states but I think one of the others was Delaware.

3. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Let's..."you heard" + "Glenn Beck" + "is going to get" = no facts

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

If Glen Beck reported that a guy was arrested for taping the police, and was facing 75 years worth of charges I would think those were facts.

I have not heard of anyone successfully disputing Beck, which he encourages.

HM

5. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

So far it has been reported only by some "Black" newspaper that supports Obama and a UK news-web site.

6. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Click the link,

News

Illinois Man Faces 75 Years in Prison For Recording Police
    By DJ Pangburn Thursday, September 01, 2011

A 42-year old Illinois man named Michael Allison is facing 75 years in prison for recording video of police. This, of course, just days after the 1st District Court of Appeals upheld the right to record police actions in public in Glik v. Cunniffe.

7. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Holy bat crap SBE, that was reported by a NBC affiliate.

Does tha mean Glen Beck was right and Baron23 was wron..wron...wrong?

Story is there is a very old law regarding "ease dropping on police" which was suppose to try to prevent criminals from being warned on police tactics. The man who is being charged, faces 5 counts, each count punishable by 15 years each.

8. oletymer

oletymer Member

It show the stupidity of our laws. You would get less time in most cases for killing someone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.