1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

75 straight Yes or No??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gasman03, Jul 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gasman03

gasman03 Member

200 Handicap program. Shoot the first 100. The shoot is running way behind due to number of shooters. They cut the second 110 to just 50. My son runs them 50 and another 25 in a shoot off. Is that 75 straight???

Corey

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Nope.
    Sorry

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Yes and no. Basically he did it no matter what anyone says. BUT as far as ATA Registered goes, the shoot off targets are not Registered so it doesn't add with the days program. He still did an awesome job and nobody can take that away.

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Same day, same shoot, with out a miss in-between. Seems to me to be 75 straight. Is it during the regulation shoot, no, but tell him it is 75 straight in your mind, and get him a patch.

5. Masterplan

Masterplan TS Member

I shot 175 straight Sat at the New Hampshire State. 25 of which were in the shoot off.

So your saying since the last 25 were non-registered it would only be 150 straight ?

I didnt know they had to be registered targets to be straights...........

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

NO but some you want recognition for everything. Clubs give out patches for practice targets, which is fine, there club their rules. If you want registered recognition then it must be in the event, shoot offs don't count. Carry overs in a 200 target events from one 100 to the next 100 don't count unless you run the entire 200.

Your son did a great job and it by itself should give him confidence going forward. Any time you go straight it is what you build on the next time, being straight is a great mental builder. You know you can do it as you have done it before. This is the drive to do it right. Besides 25 straight in a shoot off is some thing to be extra proud of because of the added pressure.

Don

7. ONEDOLLARBILL

ONEDOLLARBILL Member

Rules are Rules that being said nice job and who the Hell cares about a patch ! He did it thats all that matters ! Ohhh and Im sure here will again ! Congratulations to your Son !

8. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Yes and he does get a patch. A straight is a straight. GOOD SHOOTING.

9. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Good job of shooting but it is my understanding that it would be a run and not a straight. A straight is in the same event only and a run is continuous shooting until a miss regardless of the events or time period.

Bill

10. TjayE

TjayE Member

Auctioneer.

Maybe it is counted as a 75 straight in Skeet Shooting, but it is not a 75 straight in the ATA records. I will add, A Congratulations to "gasman03" (Corey)'s son. That is very good shooting. Tom

11. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

It would be nice if it would be counted as a straight in the records. I had a similar situation a couple weeks ago. Broke a 97 in singles running the last 50 then the next event was handicap and broke another 97 from the 23 running the first 50. I guess technically that's a 100. Won't go into the books as one but sure helps the confidence. Not sure how old your son is but good shooting.

12. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

A straight Patch from Remington,Winchester,Federal is just that a patch, Now Registered Straights are in a program of ATA Shooting.

Many Clubs have their own pins and give them for your accomplishments.

I have ATA 100 and 200 Pins and They are Brass and Silver, several of each.

I have registered several 200 straights in singles in a program of that length.

When the Southern Grand was 150 Targets I broke them all in it too and never got a pin from the ATA.

The ATA Pins are in the upper Right Hand Corner, the Round Ones.

I just got my Registered Pin Board out and I have 100-200 Straights from Silver Dollar, Missouri, Kentucky, West Virginia, Tn, Ontario, Virginia,
    just to name a few.
    [​IMG]

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

13. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Bigdon hit on the most important part of this question. 25 straight in a shoot off is something to be extra proud of. The 50 straight is good but the pressure suddenly got a lot bigger when he shot off. Even the pros let it get to them

14. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Seems a bit unfair that the Shoot off targets arent counted.

You had to shoot the registered targets to get there in the first place!

15. MisterHappy

MisterHappy Member

I'd happily present a patch to him for 75 straight.

When (if) I manage to do it, if it were in that context, I'd wear it.

16. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

There are times in ATA where shoot-off targets are taken into consideration even though they aren't recorded. They are kept track of but on a different kind of data processor? Known ability?? That process can come from various kinds of shoots, practice, non-registered events, shoot-off targets or entirely different kinds of shotgun games! So yeah buddy, straights do count!!

Hap

17. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Get him a patch, no harm in it. But to answer your question, a "straight" generally is only determined by running a "sub-event" or combination of sub-events in an "event."

That's why breaking the last 25 on one day and the first another day is not a "50 straight," except in the situation where both 100's of a 200 target event are shot on different days.

Shoot-off's are not counted either.

That said, when you get outside the registered shoot environment and into more casual shooting, everyone has their own way of looking at it. Nothing wrong with that.

Seems awkward, but he did run 75 targets, just not what is generally considered a "75 straight". Give him a patch.

18. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

No straight there.

But he did pick up some mental ammmo which will come in handy for running a no BS 100 x 100.

These milestones really aren't something that a guy needs to wear on his sleave but they are of greater value in simple personal satisfaction and confidence building.

19. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Longtooter, you are certainly a "legend in your own mind".

20. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The Doc Never misses a chance to pat himself on the back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.